So, what's the problem? Well, given that the CRA even states on their site (appropriately named "cornsugar.com") that "Corn Sugar" is an "FDA-approved alternate label for dextrose, a corn-based sweetener that contains no fructose," one might think they would go back to the drawing board in their never-ending quest for a new name for HFCS?:
- It's a label not currently being used by anyone.
- No mention of "fructose."
- It's got the word "sugar" rather than "syrup."
- It's simple and "natural," just like HFCS....
- It's an absolutely perfect new label for High Fructose Corn Syrup!
For more information on this topic, please see: Marion Nestle's article: "Sorry, Corn Refiners: The Name 'Corn Sugar' Is Already Taken"