Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fun Facts About Your Food: An introduction to this blog

This blog will explore what foods (both those from grocery stores and restaurants) contain High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). In so doing, I will assemble a list of products containing HFCS, provide links to related articles, and also develop a list of restaurants and food lines that abstain from using this product.

I am not an experienced blogger; my interest in blogging stems from the fact that i get sick when i eat products with HFCS. HFCS has gotten a lot of press lately (both those who demonize it and those who lobby for it); i don't have an academic background that would enable me to judge whether HFCS contributes to obesity or diabetes or other ailments. All i know is that when I eat HFCS i get ill (in two words: intestinal distress). I likely have a case of fructose malabsorption. If i don't eat foods with HFCS, i don't get ill.

For those people who, like me, want to avoid HFCS, i will catalog the foods to avoid and also announce what lines are safe.

Very exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment